Application Eligibility Requirements
The application window for 2021-2022 is CLOSED for the Class of 2022. Current Class of 2022 applicants - we will be communicating with you via email so please ensure that your contact info is up to date.
1. Applicant must have attended a comprehensive WASC Accredited high school through the Paradise Unified School District for the full term of his/her sophomore or junior year if his/her senior year is to be spent off campus.
WASC Accredited high schools through the Paradise Unified School District include the following:
Paradise High School
Paradise Adventist Academy
Paradise E-Learning Charter Academy
Hometech Charter School
2. Applicant must be a graduating senior from a WASC accredited high school, who has been enrolled at his/her respective high school for at least 2 years and has attended class on campus for at least 1 full year.
3. Applicant must have a minimum of a College Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.80 in his/her last five semesters of high school (sophomore, junior and first semester of senior year).
4. Application must be submitted online by the deadline of Thursday, March 3, 2022 by 11:59:59 PM. Submissions at or after 12:00:00 AM on Friday March 4, 2022 will not be accepted. All communication with applicants will be with the Board and the student directly via email so it is imperative that the applicant's email address is valid and accurate.
5. Supplemental materials (high school (and or college) transcript and 1 page typed essay) must be submitted online by the deadline of Thursday, March 3, 2022 by 11:59:59 PM. Submissions at or after 12:00:00 AM on Friday March 4, 2022 will not be accepted.
6. If invited for an interview, applicant must attend an in person interview with the PSF Board of Directors in April 2022 (Interview invitation will be sent via email). We will be following CDC, state and public health recommendations for social distancing and masks. We will have hand sanitizer as well as masks on site.
1. Four-year (renewable) scholarships shall be awarded to the top student applicants who attain the highest scores based on the application, essay & interview.
2. Determination of Number and Amounts of Scholarships
The total number of applicants accepted each year as well as amount of each scholarship will be determined by the Board of Directors at the January meeting based on the total dollar amount available to be awarded (see Standing Rules, Section A.2.II.a.)
The cut-off for eligibility to receive an award shall be determined by College Grade Point Average (CGPA)
3. Announcement of Scholarships
A representative of the Board will announce the scholarship recipients by May 30th of the calendar year .