Application Eligibility Requirements
2019 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS:
Our hearts go out to everyone affected by the Camp Fire. We are working closely with our local high school administrators to determine this year's scholarship recipients. We will help to rebuild our beautiful community. #ButteStrong #ParadiseStrong
***2019 Scholarship Applicants - Please do not submit an online application and/or supporting documents unless requested to do so. Contact us if you have any questions.***
1. Applicant must have attended a comprehensive WASC Accredited high school for the full term of his/her sophomore or junior year if his/her senior year is to be spent off campus.
WASC Accredited high schools on the Ridge include the following:
Paradise High School
Paradise Adventist Academy
Paradise E-Learning Charter Academy
Hometech Charter School
2. Applicant must be a graduating senior from a WASC accredited high school, who has been enrolled at his/her respective high school for at least 2 years and has attended class on campus for at least 1 full year.
3. Applicant must have a minimum of a College Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.80 in his/her last five semesters of high school (sophomore, junior and first semester of senior year).
4. Application must be submitted online by the deadline posted TBD. All communication with applicants will be with the Board and the student directly via email so it is imperative that the applicant's email address is valid and accurate.
5. Supplemental materials (high school (and or college) transcript and 1 page typed essay) must be submitted online by the deadline posted TBD.
6. If invited for an interview, applicant must attend an in person interview with the PSF Board of Directors in the spring (Interview invitation will be sent via email)
1. Four-year (renewable) scholarships shall be awarded to the top student applicants who attain the highest scores based on the application, essay & interview.
2. Determination of Number and Amounts of Scholarships
The total number of applicants accepted each year as well as amount of each scholarship will be determined by the Board of Directors at the January meeting based on the total dollar amount available to be awarded (see Standing Rules, Section A.2.II.a.)
The cut-off for eligibility to receive an award shall be determined by College Grade Point Average (CGPA)
3. Announcement of Scholarships
A representative of the Board will announce the scholarship recipients by May 30th of the calendar year .